Surviving Game Pass's Zombie Games: Third-Person Shooters vs. Survival Horror
Compare TPS and Survival Horror zombie games on Game Pass, and find the best style that suits your preferences.
If you're a fan of survival horror zombie games on Game Pass, you're not alone. Millions of gamers worldwide share your passion for tackling the undead. With Game Pass boasting a range of zombie games in varying styles, it can be tough deciding what to play next: third-person shooters or survival horror?
Unearthing Survival Horror Zombie Games on Game Pass
Whether you enjoy suspense-fueled survival horror or adrenaline-pumping third-person shooters, Game Pass doesn't disappoint. Eager to take a deeper dive? Let's explore this thrilling gaming world.
Table of Contents
- What are Survival Horror Games?
- What are Third-Person Shooters?
- Top Survival Horror Zombie Games on Game Pass
- Top Third-Person Shooter Zombie Games on Game Pass
- Which Style of Zombie Game is Right for You?
- Tips on Surviving Zombie Games
What are Survival Horror Games?
How do you know if a game falls into the survival horror category? Survival horror games put you into intense scenarios where resilience is key. These games aren't just about blasting zombies, they're about trying to survive in a world overrun by them. In survival horror games, resources like ammo and health packs are often scarce. Strategy, planning, and smart decisions often outweigh sheer firepower.
Key Features of Survival Horror Games
- Limited Resources: Players need to make each shot count as resources are scarce. This adds a layer of strategy and tension to the gameplay.
- Immersive Storyline: These games often have deep narratives that explore the implications of a zombie apocalypse on society.
- Heart-Pounding Suspense: Survival horror games are known for their ability to build tension and deliver scares. It's not about constant action, but the eerie calm before an unexpected attack.
What are Third-Person Shooters?
On the flip side of the coin, we've got third-person shooter (TPS) zombie games. These games put the focus on action. As the name suggests, they’re played from a third-person point of view, giving you a wider field of vision than first-person games. While there's often a story to follow, the primary focus of these games is combat and action.
Key Features of Third-Person Shooter Games
- Action-Packed Gameplay: TPS games keep the adrenaline high with continuous action.
- Strategic Combat: While the focus is on shooting, strategic gameplay elements like cover systems or enemy management can add depth.
- Cooperative play: Many TPS games feature cooperative play, allowing you to team up with friends to tackle the undead horde.
Top Survival Horror Zombie Games on Game Pass
Now that we have a clear understanding of the two genres, let's dive into some of the best survival horror zombie games available on Game Pass.
"State of Decay 2" shines as a brilliant example of the survival horror genre. This game emphasizes resource management, base building, and strategic planning, all while dealing with a relentless zombie threat. You'll find yourself constantly on edge, wondering when and where the next threat will emerge.
"The Evil Within"
For those who enjoy psychological horror interwoven with survival components, "The Evil Within" ticks all the boxes. This game is designed for those who like a good scare, and its survival elements ensure there's plenty of strategy involved in staying alive.
Top Third-Person Shooter Zombie Games on Game Pass
For fans of non-stop action and thrills, let's look at some top-rated third-person shooter zombie games on Game Pass.
"World War Z"
"World War Z" brilliantly captures the frenzy of the movie with its fast-paced gameplay. It's a cooperative game where you and your friends can tackle hordes of zombies together, emphasizing the 'fun' in the face of a zombie apocalypse.
If your idea of a relaxing holiday doesn't involve a tropical resort overrun by the undead, you might want to reconsider. "Dead Island" turns a paradise setting into a thrilling third-person zombie battle. The decaying paradise landscape juxtaposed with visceral zombie combat makes this game a thoroughly gripping experience.
Which Style of Zombie Game is Right for You?
Making a choice between third-person shooters and survival horror games depends on what you're looking for in a zombie game. Do you love strategy and suspense, or do you thrive on fast-paced action and teamwork? Here's a quick breakdown to help decide:
- Choose Survival Horror if : you enjoy immersing yourself in a gripping narrative, making strategic decisions, and experiencing tension and scares.
- Choose Third-Person Shooters if : you love action-packed gameplay, enjoy working with others, and prefer direct combat against zombies.
Tips on Surviving Zombie Games
Whether you opt for a survival horror or a third-person shooter, here are a few tips that might just keep you alive a bit longer:
Manage Your Resources Wisely
Regardless of genre, resource management is key. Ammo and health packs must be used judiciously. In survival horror games, this might mean avoiding fights. In third-person shooters, it could equate to accurate shots and teamwork.
Know Your Environment
Whether it's a creepy mansion or a sun-soaked beach, understanding your surroundings can be the difference between life and death. Use them to your advantage.
Stay Calm Under Pressure
A zombie horde charging can send any player into panic mode. Remaining calm and making clear decisions quickly can vastly improve your survival chances.
Survival horror zombie games on Game Pass offer a unique and thrilling gaming experience, regardless of whether you're a fan of survival horror or third-person shooters. With a plethora of games available, it's not about asking which one is 'better' but finding the one that suits your style. So load up Game Pass, grab your controller and get ready to take on the zombie apocalypse.
What's Your Reaction?