Top 5 Call of Duty Zombies Maps
Discover the top 5 Call of Duty Zombies maps that provide thrilling and immersive gameplay experiences. Unravel the best maps to enhance your gaming adventure.
Explore the most exhilarating and memorable Call of Duty Zombies maps that have left an indelible mark on the gaming world. From intricate design to immersive storylines, these five maps deliver the ultimate gaming experience.
1. Der Riese - The Classic Zombies Experience
Introduction to Der Riese
Der Riese, also known as "The Giant," is a fan-favorite map that first appeared in Call of Duty: World at War. Set in a secret Nazi research facility, this map introduced crucial gameplay mechanics, such as Pack-a-Punch and teleporters, which became staples in later Zombies maps.
Key features of the map
- Teleporters: Der Riese brought the concept of teleportation to the Zombies universe, allowing players to move around the map quickly and escape from hordes of undead.
- Pack-a-Punch: This map debuted the Pack-a-Punch machine, a vital tool that enables players to upgrade their weapons, increasing their firepower and enhancing special abilities.
- Easter eggs: Der Riese set the stage for the series' now-iconic Easter eggs, with hidden songs, intricate storylines, and challenging quests for players to uncover.
Why it's considered a classic
Der Riese is considered a classic for its introduction of essential gameplay mechanics, its challenging layout, and the sense of nostalgia it evokes in long-time Call of Duty Zombies fans. The map laid the foundation for future maps and has remained a popular choice among players.
2. Kino der Toten - A Haunting Cinematic Adventure
Introduction to Kino der Toten
Kino der Toten, translated as "Theater of the Dead," first appeared in Call of Duty: Black Ops. The eerie, abandoned theater setting and the introduction of new weapons, enemies, and gameplay features make this map an unforgettable experience.
Unique aspects of the map
- Setting: The decaying theater setting creates a haunting atmosphere, with its flickering lights, crumbling walls, and creepy soundtrack.
- Thundergun: Kino der Toten introduced the Thundergun, a powerful weapon that unleashes a massive shockwave, blasting away hordes of zombies in its path.
- Crawler Zombies: This map was the first to feature the Crawler Zombies, a new type of enemy that crawls on the ground and releases a cloud of toxic gas upon death.
Its impact on the Zombies storyline
Kino der Toten was the starting point for the overarching Zombies storyline, as it introduced players to the characters of Tank Dempsey, Nikolai Belinski, Takeo Masaki, and Edward Richtofen. The map also marked the beginning of the time-traveling aspect of the Zombies storyline, as players discovered clues about the origins of the Zombies and the mysterious Group 935.